Tenvir EM Tablet (Emtricitabine (200mg), Tenofovir (300mg))
Other transport services
Courier in Kiev
Medicine Overview of Tenvir EM Tablet
Uses of Emtricitabine
Side effects of Emtricitabine
Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Depression, Abnormal dreams, Rash.
How to use Emtricitabine
How Tenvir EM Tablet works
Uses of Tenofovir
Side effects of Tenofovir
Diarrhoea, Vomiting, Nausea, Dizziness, Rash, Feeling sick.
How to use Tenofovir
How Tenvir EM Tablet works
In Depth Information on Tenvir EM Tablet
Expert advice for Emtricitabine
- Do not take emtricitabine capsule/oral solution, if you are allergic to emtricitabine or any other ingredient of capsule/oral solution.
- Stop taking emtricitabine, if you suffer from deep or rapid breathing, drowsiness, nausea (urge to vomit), vomiting and stomach pain.
- Do not take emtricitabine, if you have kidney or liver problems; if you are overweight or have diabetes, high cholesterol.
Expert advice for Tenofovir
- Do not take tenofovir if you are already taking medicines that contain tenofovir in combination with other drugs.
- Do not take tenofovir with other drugs that can potentially damage your kidneys; especially adefovir (used in treatment of hepatitis B).
- Contact your doctor immediately if you notice symptoms: deep and rapid breathing, drowsiness, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, muscle pain or weakness, numb or cold feeling in your arms and legs, stomach pain, fast or uneven heart rate, or feeling very weak or tired. These might indicate development of a life-threatening side effect of tenofovir called lactic acidosis (excess lactic acid in blood). Lactic acidosis occurs more often in women, particularly if they are very overweight or are taking nucleoside antivirals for a long time.
- Tenofovir may damage your kidneys (nephrotoxicity). Constant monitoring of kidney function (blood tests to assess the health of kidneys) is advised while on treatment with tenofovir.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you have symptoms: persistent urge of vomit (nausea), upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (abnormal liver function causing yellowing of the skin or eyes). These might indicate development of severe liver damage.
- Decreases in bone mineral density can happen while taking tenofovir.
- Do consult your doctor before taking tenofovir if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not use tenofovir if you are breast-feeding.
- Tenofovir may cause lipodystrophy (changes in body fat - build up or loss of body fat) especially in elderly patients with HIV. Physical examination of fat redistribution and monitoring of blood levels of lipids and sugar may be advised in elderly.
- Discuss with your doctor about necessary precautions (practicing safer sex and making other life-style changes) to be taken to avoid spreading of HIV virus to others.
- Composition Emtricitabine (200mg), Tenofovir (300mg)
- Quantity in packing 30 tablets