Pomacel 2mg (Pomalidomide)
POMACEL 2MG REFER AS
Pomacel 2mg is an antineoplastic drug, which is used by the patients who are having a valid prescription and under the supervision of medical oncologist.
Pomacel 2mg affects the immune system. It encourages immune responses to help reduce tumor growth.
POMACEL 2MG THERAPEUTIC INDICATIONS
The primary indication of Pomacel 2mg is used in the treatment of Multiple Myeloma condition.
In this condition, Pomacel 2mg is used by interaction with dexamethasone.
Pomacel 2mg capsules are indicated in Patients already got therapy with two medications such as proteasome inhibitor & Lenalidomide.followed within 60 days in patients who are concluded the last treatment.
DOSAGE OF POMACEL 2MG
Pomacel tablets are available in the strength of 1mg, 2mg and 4mg
Pomalidomide is a thalidomide analogue; it is used in combination with dexamethasone
The recommended dose of Pomacel tablets in multiple myeloma condition, 4mg should be taken orally as a single dose on days 1-21 of repeated 28 days cycles until disease advancement
Pomacel given in combination with low dose of dexamethasone
Dexamethasone should be given orally only in days of 1, 8, 15 and 22 of each 28 days
>75 years: 20mg/day
≤75 years: 40mg/day
Pomalidomide therapy should be discontinue, if toxicities occur after dose reduction to 1mg (in case of neutropenia and thrombocytopenia)
<18 years: the safety and efficacy of the Pomacel tablets has been established
Pomacel tablets should be taken with water; it should not chew, break or open
Pomacel should be taken with or without food
With strong CYP1A2
Pomacel combined with CYP1A2 substrates causes increasing the plasma concentration of Pomalidomide and leads to elevate the risk of Pomalidomide.
No specific antidote is used for over dosage of Pomalidomide.Patient should be provided with general supportive measures. Monitor the signs & symptoms
SIDE EFFECTS OF POMACEL 2MG
- Difficult, frequent, or painful urination
- pale skin
- rash, itching, hives
- GIT problems: constipations, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting
- Life changes: decrease appetite, weight changes, uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body, night sweats
- Arthralgia, myalgia
- swelling of the eyes, face, tongue, throat, hands, arms, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- fever, sore throat, chills, cough, or other signs of infection
- yellow eyes or skin
- dark urine
- pain or discomfort in the right upper stomach area
POMACEL 2MG DRUG INTERACTION
Pomacel 2mg combination with CYP1A2 drugs causes increased concentration of Pomalidomide.
Overcome this problem by decreasing the dose of Pomacel 2mg during this combination therapy.
POMACEL 2MG WORKS AS
Thalidomide associatewhichevoke immunomodulatory and antineoplastic activity; it prohibitsreplication and induced apoptosis of hematopoietic tumor cells
Additionally, it increases T-cell and natural killer cell-mediated immunity and restrain production of TNF-alpha and interleukin-6; down-modulates cell surface adhesion molecules contain in leukocyte migration.
Anticancer activity may be due to inhibition of angiogenesis
Pomacel 2mg ADME properties
Absorption: The peak plasma concentration time of Pomalidomide is arrives between 2 to 3 hours.
Distribution: Pomalidomide is bounded to human plasma protein by range of 12% & 44%.
Metabolism: The metabolism of Pomalidomide is appears via hepatically mediated through CYP1A2, CYP3A4.
Elimination: The Pomalidomide clearance value is 7 to 10L/hr.
Doses are excreted via urine 73% & feces 15% respectively.
Doses are excreted as in unchanged form through urine 2% & feces 8%.
The half-life period of Pomalidomide is 9.5 hours
POMACEL 2MG CONTRAINDICATION
Pomacel 2mg is contraindicated to;
Hypersensitivity reactions produced due to patients are contraindicated to the component of Pomacel 2mg.
- During Pomacel 2mg treatment, there is a possibility of elevation of hepatic enzymes occurs. This may have reported as increased liver toxicity.
- Pomacel 2mg should not be used during pregnancy will causes Teratogenicity, organogenesis and causes fetal damage.Do not becoming pregnant during Pomacel 2mg treatment by using effective contraceptives.
- Deep vein thrombosis is harm while occurs during the Pomacel 2mg treatment.Thromboprophylaxis is started for this condition.Increase of mortality in case of pembrolizumab taken with thalidomide & dexamethasone;
- Neutropenia, thrombocytopenia is main common side effects occur during the Pomacel 2mg treatment.These may counteract by checking the blood counts frequently and postponement of dosage or adjustment of dose is necessary.
- Instruct the patients to keep away from circumstances where unsteadiness or disturbed state might be an issue and not to take different meds that may leads to dazedness or disturbed state without adequate therapeutic exhortation.
POMACEL 2MG USES IN
Pregnancy category of Pomacel 2mg is X. Pomacel 2mg usage during pregnancy period, leads to fetal harm and causes death.
Breast feeding should not be recommended.
POMACEL 2MG STORAGE CONDITION
The Pomacel 2mg capsules container should be stored at 20oC to 25oC
Protect the container from moisture, heat, & light.
If missed dose occurs, consult with physician & follow the regular dosing schedule. Or skip the missed dose and follow the routine timing. Otherwise Missed dose leads to over dosage condition.
- Trade name Pomacel 2mg
- Substance Pomalidomide
- Manufacturer Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Packaging 21 capsules
- Country of origin India