Pomalid 1mg (Pomalidomide)
POMALID 1MG REFER AS
Pomalid 1mg is an antineoplastic drug, which is used by the patients who are having a valid prescription and under the supervision of medical oncologist.
Pomalid 1mgaffects the immune system. It encourages immune responses to help reduce tumor growth.
POMALID 1MG THERAPEUTIC INDICATIONS
The primary indication of Pomalid 1mg is used in the treatment of Multiple Myeloma condition.
In this condition, Pomalid 1mg is used by interaction with dexamethasone.
Pomalid 1mg capsules are indicated in Patients already got therapy with two medications such as proteasome inhibitor & Lenalidomide. followed within 60 days in patients who are concluded the last treatment.
DOSAGE OF POMALID 1MG
Pomalid tablets are available in the strength of 1mg, 2mg and 4mg
Pomalidomide is a thalidomide analogue; it is used in combination with dexamethasone
The recommended dose of Pomalid tablets in multiple myeloma condition, 4mg should be taken orally as a single dose on days 1-21 of repeated 28 days cycles until disease advancement
Pomalid given in combination with low dose of dexamethasone
Dexamethasone should be given orally only in days of 1, 8, 15 and 22 of each 28 days
>75 years: 20mg/day
≤75 years: 40mg/day
Pomalidomide therapy should be discontinue, if toxicities occur after dose reduction to 1mg (in case of neutropenia and thrombocytopenia)
<18 years: the safety and efficacy of the Pomalid tablets has been established
Pomalid tablets should be taken with water; it should not chew, break or open
Pomalid should be taken with or without food
With strong CYP1A2
Pomalid combined with CYP1A2 substrates causes increasing the plasma concentration of Pomalidomide and leads to elevate the risk of Pomalidomide.
No specific antidote is used for over dosage of Pomalidomide. Patient should be provided with general supportive measures. Monitor the signs & symptoms
SIDE EFFECTS OF POMALID 1MG
- Difficult, frequent, or painful urination
- pale skin
- rash, itching, hives
- GIT problems: constipations, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting
- Life changes: decrease appetite, weight changes, uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body, night sweats
- Arthralgia, myalgia
- swelling of the eyes, face, tongue, throat, hands, arms, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- fever, sore throat, chills, cough, or other signs of infection
- yellow eyes or skin
- dark urine
- pain or discomfort in the right upper stomach area
POMALID 1MG DRUG INTERACTION
Pomalid 1mg combination with CYP1A2 drugs causes increased concentration of Pomalidomide.
Overcome this problem by decreasing the dose of Pomalid 1mg during this combination therapy.
POMALID 1MG WORKS AS
Thalidomide associate which evoke immunomodulatory and antineoplastic activity; it prohibits replication and induced apoptosis of hematopoietic tumor cells
Additionally, it increases T-cell and natural killer cell-mediated immunity and restrain production of TNF-alpha and interleukin-6; down-modulates cell surface adhesion molecules contain in leukocyte migration.
Anticancer activity may be due to inhibition of angiogenesis
Pomalid 1mg ADME properties
Absorption: The peak plasma concentration time of Pomalidomide is arrives between 2 to 3 hours.
Distribution: Pomalidomide is bounded to human plasma protein by range of 12% & 44%.
Metabolism: The metabolism of Pomalidomide is appears via hepatically mediated through CYP1A2, CYP3A4.
Elimination: The Pomalidomide clearance value is 7 to 10L/hr.
Doses are excreted via urine 73% & feces 15% respectively.
Doses are excreted as in unchanged form through urine 2% & feces 8%.
The half-life period of Pomalidomide is 9.5 hours
POMALID 1MG CONTRAINDICATION
Pomalid 1mg is contraindicated to;
Hypersensitivity reactions produced due to patients are contraindicated to the component of Pomalid 1mg.
- During Pomalid 1mg treatment, there is a possibility of elevation of hepatic enzymes occurs. This may have reported as increased liver toxicity.
- Pomalid 1mg should not be used during pregnancy will causes Teratogenicity, organogenesis and causes fetal damage. Do not becoming pregnant during Pomalid 1mg treatment by using effective contraceptives.
- Deep vein thrombosis is harm while occurs during the Pomalid 1mg treatment. Thromboprophylaxis is started for this condition. Increase of mortality in case of pembrolizumab taken with thalidomide & dexamethasone;
- Neutropenia, thrombocytopenia is main common side effects occur during the Pomalid 1mg treatment. These may counteract by checking the blood counts frequently and postponement of dosage or adjustment of dose is necessary.
- Instruct the patients to keep away from circumstances where unsteadiness or disturbed state might be an issue and not to take different meds that may leads to dazedness or disturbed state without adequate therapeutic exhortation.
POMALID 1MG USES IN
Pregnancy category of Pomalid 1mg is X. Pomalid 1mg usage during pregnancy period, leads to fetal harm and causes death.
Breast feeding should not be recommended.
POMALID 1MG STORAGE CONDITION
The Pomalid 1mg capsules container should be stored at 20oC to 25oC
Protect the container from moisture, heat, & light.
If missed dose occurs, consult with physician & follow the regular dosing schedule. Or skip the missed dose and follow the routine timing. Otherwise Missed dose leads to over dosage condition.
- Trade name Pomalid 1mg
- Substance Pomalidomide
- Manufacturer Natco Pharma Limited
- Packaging 21 tablets
- Country of origin India